TraQ's newsletter reports monthly website updates and is sent to everyone who registers to receive them.
**FEEDBACK PLEASE** We'd love to know what you think of TraQ and how it's of value
Diseases in the news
Resource Library / Links
Free full text papers | * 1 or more Canadian authors
- Abstracts of International ISBT Congress (Toronto, Canada, June 2-6, 2018)
- Anstee DJ. The relationship between blood groups and disease. Blood. 2010 Jun 10;115(23):4635-43. | Old but interesting paper about relative importance of natural selection and founder effects in determining the distribution of human blood groups.
- Bloch EM, Ness PM, Aaron A.R. Tobian AR, Sugarman J. Revisiting blood safety practices given emerging data about Zika virus. N Engl J Med 2018 May 10; 378:1837-41.
- Brailsford SR, Tossell J, Morrison R, McDonald CP, Pitt TL. Failure of bacterial screening to detect Staphylococcus aureus: the English experience of donor follow-up. Vox Sang. 2018 May 24. [Epub ahead of print]
- Estcourt LJ, Roberts DJ. Patient blood management – a renaissance of transfusion medicine. (editorial) Transfus Med. 2018 Apr;28(2):85-8.
- * Hancock J, Shemie SD, Lotherington K, Appleby A, Hall R. Development of a Canadian deceased donation education program for health professionals: a needs assessment survey. Can J Anaesth. 2017 Oct;64(10):1037-47.
- Lane WJ, et al. Automated typing of red blood cell and platelet antigens: a whole-genome sequencing study. The Lancet Haematol. EPub 17 May 2018.
- Lundine J, Bourgeault IL, Clark J, Heidari S, Balabanova D. The gendered system of academic publishing. The gendered system of academic publishing. Lancet. 2018 May 5; 391(10132):1754-6. [Full free text if you register]
- Saá P, Proctor M, Foster G, Krysztof D, Winton C, Linnen JM, et al. Investigational testing for Zika virus among U.S. blood donors. N Engl J Med 2018 May 10; 378:1778-88.
- Takayama W, Endo A, Koguchi H, Sugimoto M, Murata K, Yasuhiro Otomo Y. The impact of blood type O on mortality of severe trauma patients: a retrospective observational study. Critical Care 2018;22:100. (EPub 2 May 2018)
- Willis S, De Corte K, Cairns JA, Sadique MZ, Hawkins N, Pennington M, et al. Cost-effectiveness of alternative changes to a national blood collection service. EPub 16 May 2018.