TraQ's newsletter reports monthly website updates and is sent to everyone who registers to receive them.
**FEEDBACK NEEDED** Please let us know what you think of TraQ and how it's of value?
Diseases in the news
- HCV: See Australia above
- HEV: See Japan above
- HIV: See Australia above
Resource Library / Links
Free full text papers | * 1 or more Canadian authors
- * Branch DR, et al. ABO zygosity, but not secretor or Fc receptor status, is a significant risk factor for IVIG-associated hemolysis. (letter) Blood. 2018 Feb 15;131(7):830-5. Epub 2018 Jan 5.
- * Cloutier N, et al. Platelets release pathogenic serotonin and return to circulation after immune complex-mediated sequestration. PNAS 2018;published ahead of print 31 Jan. 2018.
- Dolgin E. Bioengineering: doing without donors. Nature. 2017 Sep 27;549(7673):S12-S15.
- Ferguson E, Lawrence C. It is only fair: blood donors are more sensitive to violations of fairness norms than nondonors - converging psychometric and ultimatum game evidence. Vox Sang. 2018 Feb 9. [Epub ahead of print]
- * Fiorellino J, Elahie AL, Warkentin TE. Acute haemolysis, DIC and renal failure after transfusion of uncross-matched blood during trauma resuscitation: illustrative case and literature review. Transfus Med. 2018 Feb 19. [Epub ahead of print]
- Jaimes R 3rd, et al. Plastics and cardiovascular health: phthalates may disrupt heart rate variability and cardiovascular reactivity. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2017 Nov 1;313(5):H1044-53.
- Konia MR, Richtsfeld M, Johnson AD, Lougee M, Cohn C, Morgan S. An observational study of 3 different transfusion medicine teaching methods for medical students. Transfus Med Rev. 2017 Dec 24. pii: S0887-7963(17)30153-0. [Epub ahead of print]
- Kramer K, Verweij MF, Zaaijer HL. Are there ethical differences between stopping and not starting blood safety measures? Vox Sang. 2017 Jul;112(5):417-24.
- Kranenburg FJ, Willems SA, Le Cessie S, Marang-van de Mheen PJ, van der Bom JG, Arbous MS. Variation in red cell transfusion decisions in the intensive care unit - a nationwide survey in the Netherlands. Vox Sang. 2018 Feb 23. [Epub ahead of print]
- Stokes EA, Wordsworth S, Staves J, Mundy N, Skelly J, Radford K, Stanworth SJ. Accurate costs of blood transfusion: a microcosting of administering blood products in the United Kingdom National Health Service. Transfusion. 2018 Jan 30. [Epub ahead of print]
- Swieton J, Hawes R, Avery S, Watson H, Scott Y, Lannon M, Wallis JP. A transfusion prescription template and other human factor interventions to improve balanced transfusion delivery in major haemorrhage due to trauma. Transfus Med. 2018 Feb 2. [Epub ahead of print]