TraQ's newsletter reports monthly website updates and is sent to everyone who registers to receive them.
Diseases in the news
- HCV/HIV: See China above (Blood plasma scandal) and UK above (Infected Blood Inquiry)
Resource Library / Links
Free full text papers | * 1 or more Canadian authors
- Free sample journal issues
- Ankcorn MJ, Fox TA, Ijaz S, Nicholas C, Houston E, Longair I,et al. Characterising the risk of Hepatitis E virus infection in haematological malignancies: a UK prospective prevalence study. Br J Haematol. 2019 Feb 15. [Epub ahead of print]
- Arbach O, Taumberger AB, Wietek S, Cervinek L, Salama A. Efficacy and safety of a new intravenous immunoglobulin (Panzyga®) in chronic immune thrombocytopenia. Transfus Med. 2019 Jan 27. [Epub ahead of print]
- de Vries Y, Matton APM, Nijsten MWN, Werner MJM, van den Berg AP, de Boer MT,et al. Pretransplant sequential hypo- and normothermic machine perfusion of suboptimal livers donated after circulatory death using a hemoglobin-based oxygen carrier perfusion solution. Am J Transplant. 2018 Dec 26. [Epub ahead of print]
- Faisal A, Andres K, Rind JAK, Das A, Alter D, Subramanian J, et al. Reducing the number of unnecessary routine laboratory tests through education of internal medicine residents. Postgrad Med J. 2018 Dec;94(1118):716-9. Epub 2019 Jan 22.
- Fasano RM, Meyer EK, Branscomb J, White MS, Gibson RW, Eckman JR. Impact of red blood cell antigen matching on alloimmunization and transfusion complications in patients with sickle cell disease: a systematic review. Transfus Med Rev. 2019 Jan;33(1):12-23. Epub 2018 Jul 26.
- * Goldman M, Germain M, Grégoire Y, Vassallo RR, Kamel H, Bravo M, Irving DO, Di Angelantonio E, Steele WR, O'Brien SF; Biomedical Excellence for Safer Transfusion Collaborative (BEST) Investigators. Safety of blood donation by individuals over age 70 and their contribution to the blood supply in five developed countries: a BEST Collaborative group study. Transfusion. 2019 Jan 4. [Epub ahead of print]
- * Haw J, Polzer J, Devine DV. Contextual factors influencing donor recruitment and cord blood collection: perspectives of frontline staff of the Canadian Blood Services' Cord Blood Bank. Transfusion. 2019 Feb 11. [Epub ahead of print]
- Holcomb JB, Jenkins DH. Get ready: whole blood is back and it's good for patients. (editorial) Transfusion. 2018 Aug;58(8):1821-3. [Epub 2018 Aug 24]
- * Hornby K, Shemie SD, Appleby A, Dodd N, Gill J, Kim J, Kramer A, Kutsogiannis DJ, Lahaie N, MacLean J, Rehel L, Webster G, Wu J, Scales DC. Development of a national minimum data set to monitor deceased organ donation performance in Canada. Can J Anaesth. 2019 Jan 28. [Epub ahead of print]
- Jansen P, Sümnig A, Esefeld M, Greffin K, Kaderali L, Greinacher A. Well-being and return rate of first-time whole blood donors. Vox Sang. 2019 Jan 29. [Epub ahead of print]
- Jones RE, Foster DS, Hu MS, Longaker MT. Wound healing and fibrosis: current stem cell therapies. Transfusion. 2019 Feb;59(S1):884-92.
- Matsumoto MM, Dajani R, Matthews KRW. Public-private divide: cultural and social factors in women's attitudes toward cord blood banking in Jordan. Transfusion. 2018 Aug; 58(8):1958-63. Epub 2018 Sep 1.
- * Nellis ME, et al; P3T Investigators. Effects of ABO matching of platelet transfusions in critically ill children. Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2019 Feb;20(2):e61-9.
- Nixon CP, Sweeney JD. Severe iron deficiency anemia: red blood cell transfusion or intravenous iron? (editorial) Transfusion. 2018 Aug;58(8):1824-6.
- * O'Brien SF, Osmond L, Fan W, Yi QL, Goldman M. Compliance with time based deferrals for men who have sex with men. Transfusion. 2019 Jan 10. [Epub ahead of print]
- Peters AL, Van De Weerdt EK, Goudswaard EJ, Binnekade JM, Zwaginga JJ, Beckers EAM, et al. Reporting transfusion-related acute lung injury by clinical and preclinical disciplines. Blood Transfus. 2018 May;16(3):227-34.
- Pupella S, Bianchi M, Ceccarelli A, Calteri D, Lombardini L, Giornetti A,et al. A cost analysis of public cord blood banks belonging to the Italian Cord Blood Network. Blood Transfus. 2018 May;16(3):313-20.
- Reynolds C, Davison KL, Brailsford SR. Safe supplies: few infections in UK blood and tissue donors. Transfus Med. 2019 Jan 28. [Epub ahead of print]
- Shaz BH. Risk-based decision making: a good start to aiding US blood policy decisions? (editorial) Transfusion. 2018 Aug;58(8):1827-30. [Epub 2018 Sep 4.]
- Timmer TC, de Groot R, Habets K, Merz EM, Prinsze FJ, Atsma F, et al. Donor InSight: characteristics and representativeness of a Dutch cohort study on blood and plasma donors. Vox Sang. 2019 Feb;114(2):117-128. Epub 2018 Dec 27.
- Vardaki MZ , Atkins CG , Schulze HG , Devine DV , Serrano K , Blades MW , Turner RFB. Raman spectroscopy of stored red blood cell concentrate within sealed transfusion blood bags. Analyst. 2018 Dec 3;143(24):6006-13.
- Waters L, Padula MP, Marks DC, Johnson L. Cryopreservation of UVC pathogen-inactivated platelets.Transfusion. 2019 Feb 20. [Epub ahead of print]
- Wood EM, Ang AL, Bisht A, Bolton-Maggs PH, Bokhorst AG, Flesland O, et al. International haemovigilance: what have we learned and what do we need to do next? (review) Transfus Med. 2019 Feb 6. [Epub ahead of print]