TraQ's newsletter reports monthly website updates and is sent to everyone who registers to receive them.
- See General above (Big Pharma)
Diseases in the news
- See General above (World AIDS Day)
Resource Library / Links
Free full text papers | * 1 or more Canadian authors
- Althoff FC, et al. Multimodal patient blood management program based on a three-pillar strategy: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Ann Surg. 2018 Nov 9. [Epub ahead of print] | See 'Download as PDF' on right
- Bejder J, Andersen AB, Solheim SA, Gybel-Brask M, Secher NH, Johansson PI, Nordsborg NB. Time trial performance is sensitive to low-volume autologous blood transfusion. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2018 Nov 6. [Epub ahead of print]
- * Blake JT, Clarke G. Modeling rare blood in Canada. Transfusion. 2018 Nov 19. [Epub ahead of print]
- * Cserti-Gazdewich C. Shifting ground and gaps in transfusion support of patients with hematological malignancies. Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program. 2018 Nov 30;2018(1):553-60.
- Curley A, et al. Randomized trial of platelet-transfusion thresholds in neonates. N Engl J Med. 2018 Nov 2. [Epub ahead of print]
- Gardner JM, Allen TC. Keep calm and tweet on: legal and ethical considerations for pathologists using social media. Arch Pathol Lab Med 2019 Jan; 143(1):75-80.
- * Heddle NM, Cook RJ, Liu Y, Zeller M, Barty R, Acker JP, Eikelboom J, Arnold DM. The association between blood donor sex and age and transfusion recipient mortality: an exploratory analysis. Transfusion. 2018 Nov 10. [Epub ahead of print]
- Jayawardena T, Hoad V, Styles C, Seed C, Bentley P, Clifford V, Lacey S, Gastrell T. Modelling the risk of transfusion-transmitted syphilis: a reconsideration of blood donation testing strategies. Vox Sang. 2018 Dec 18. [Epub ahead of print]
- Komforti MK,Thomas RM. Are you a doctor, too? Arch Pathol Lab Med 2018 Dec;142(12): 1455-6.
- Katz LM, Donnelly JJ, Gresens CJ, Holmberg JA, MacPherson J, Zacharias PJK, et al. Report of a workshop on ensuring sustainable access to safe blood in developing countries: International Blood Safety Forum, March 24, 2017. Transfusion. 2018 May;58(5):1299-1306. Epub 2018 Mar 14.
- Kristof K, et al. Anaemia requiring red blood cell transfusion is associated with unfavourable 90-day survival in surgical patients with sepsis. BMC Res Notes. 2018 Dec 11;11(1):879.
- * Land KJ, Townsend M, Goldman M, Whitaker BI, Perez GE, Wiersum-Osselton JC. International validation of harmonized definitions for complications of blood donations. Transfusion. 2018 Nov;58(11):2589-95. Epub 2018 Oct 8.
- * Leiby DA, O'Brien SF, Wendel S, Nguyen ML, Delage G, Devare SG, et al; WPTTID Subgroup on Parasites. International survey on the impact of parasitic infections: frequency of transmission and current mitigation strategies. Vox Sang. 2018 Dec 6. [Epub ahead of print]
- * Lester ELW, Fox EE, Holcomb JB, Brasel KJ, Bulger EM, Cohen MJ, Cotton BA, Fabian TC, Kerby JD, O'Keefe T, Rizoli S, Scalea TM, Schreiber MA, Inaba K; PROPPR study group. The impact of hypothermia on outcomes in massively transfused patients. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2018 Nov 15. [Epub ahead of print].
- Liu QP, Carney R, Sohn J, Sundaram S, Fell MA. Single-donor spray-dried plasma. Transfusion 2018 Nov 15. [Epub ahead of print]
- Muñoz M,et al. International consensus statement on the peri-operative management of anaemia and iron deficiency. Anaesthesia. 2017 Feb;72(2):233-47.
- * O'Brien SF, Yi QL, Goldman M, Grégoire Y, Delage G. Human T-cell lymphotropic virus: A simulation model to estimate residual risk with universal leucoreduction and testing strategies in Canada. Vox Sang. 2018 Nov;113(8):750-9. Epub 2018 Nov 4.
- Sacks GD, Hines OJ. Safeguarding against conflicts of interest in the surgical literature. AMA Surg. 2018;153(11):1002-3.
- Schack A, et al. The impact of blood type on transfusion after major emergency abdominal surgery.Transfusion. 2018 Dec 10. [Epub ahead of print]
- Shah A,Fisher SA, Wong H, Roy NB, McKechnie S, Doree C, Litton E, Stanworth SJ. Safety and efficacy of iron therapy on reducing red blood cell transfusion requirements and treating anaemia in critically ill adults: A systematic review with meta-analysis and trial sequential analysis. J Crit Care. 2019 Feb;49:162-71. Epub 2018 Nov 10.
- Shah A, Brunskill SJ, Desborough MJ, Doree C, Trivella M, Stanworth SJ. Transfusion of red blood cells stored for shorter versus longer duration for all conditions. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2018 Dec 22;12:CD010801. [Epub ahead of print]
- Sommer N, Schnüriger B, Candinas D, Haltmeier T. Massive transfusion protocols in non-trauma patients: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2018 Oct 29. [Epub ahead of print]
- Tedder RS, et al. Detection, characterization, and enrollment of donors of Ebola convalescent plasma in Sierra Leone. Transfusion. 2018 May;58(5):1289-98. Epub 2018 Mar 23
- Villatoro T, Karp JK. Transfusion-transmitted babesiosis. Arch Pathol Lab Med 2019 Jan:143(1):130-4.
- Ziai K, et al. Association of compensation from the surgical and medical device industry to physicians and self-declared conflict of interest. JAMA Surg. 2018 Nov 1;153(11):997-1002.