TraQ's newsletter reports monthly website updates and is sent to everyone who registers to receive them.
Diseases in the news
Resource Library / Links
Free full text papers | * 1 or more Canadian authors
- Stem cell evidence alert (Oct. 2018) | Source: Stem cell evidence library
- Special Collection: Statistically speaking (Note: A few have no abstract but many links are full articles)
- Trip down memory lane:
- Anton O, Jordan H, Rabe H. Strategies for implementing placental transfusion at birth: A systematic review. Birth. 2018 Sep 27. [Epub ahead of print]
- Bianchi M, et al. Umbilical cord blood as a source for red-blood-cell transfusion in neonatology: a systematic review. Vox Sang 2018 Oct.16. [Epub ahead of print]
- * Cartotto R, et al. The effects of storage age of blood in massively transfused burn patients: a secondary analysis of the randomized transfusion requirement in burn care evaluation study. Crit Care Med. 2018 Sep 17. [Epub ahead of print]
- Estcourt LJ, Malouf R, Doree C, Trivella M, Hopewell S, Birchall J. Prophylactic platelet transfusions prior to surgery for people with a low platelet count. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2018 Sep 17;9:CD012779.
- Ezeonwumelu I, Bártolo I, Martin F, Abecasis A, Campos T, Romero-Severson EO, et al. Accidental father-to-son HIV-1 transmission during the seroconversion period. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2018 Sep 20. [Epub ahead of print] (Free full text until 27 Oct. 2018)
- Garraud O, Brand A, Henschler R, Vuk T, Haddad A,et al; 'European and Mediterranean Initiative in Transfusion Medicine' (EMITm) group. Medical student education in transfusion medicine: Proposal from the "European and Mediterranean initiative in transfusion medicine". Transfus Apher Sci. 2018 Sep 11. pii: S1473-0502(18)30351-3. [Epub ahead of print]
- Goel R, Westblade LF, Kessler DA, Sfeir M, Slavinski S, Backenson B, et al. Death from transfusion-transmitted anaplasmosis, New York, USA, 2017. Emerg Infect Dis. 2018 Aug;24(8):1548-50.
- Gordon LG, Hyland CA, Hyett JA, O'Brien H, Millard G, Flower RL, Gardener GJ. Noninvasive fetal RHD genotyping of RhD negative pregnant women for targeted anti-D therapy in Australia: A cost-effectiveness analysis. Prenat Diagn. 2017 Dec;37(12):1245-53.
- Ikeda K, Nollet KE, Vrielink H, Ohto H. Apheresis education and certification for nurses. Transfus Apher Sci. 2018 Sep 11. pii: S1473-0502(18)30361-6. [Epub ahead of print]
- Kamp C, et al. Impact of hepatitis E virus testing on the safety of blood components in Germany - results of a simulation study. Vox Sang. 2018 Oct 14. [Epub ahead of print]
- Ng MSY, et al. Transfusion of packed red blood cells at the end of shelf life is associated with increased risk of mortality - a pooled patient data analysis of 16 observational trials. Haematologica. 2018 Sep;103(9):1542-1548.Epub 2018 May 24.
- Phillips JB, Mohorn PL, Bookstaver RE, Ezekiel TO, Watson CM. Hemostatic management of trauma-induced coagulopathy. Crit Care Nurse. 2017 Aug;37(4):37-47.
- Sahin I, Reagan JL, Niroula R, Sweeney JD. Refractoriness to red blood cell transfusion therapy due to hypersplenism. (Case report) Transfusion. 2018 Sep 27. [Epub ahead of print]
- * Soklaridis S, Zahn C, Kuper A, Gillis D, Taylor VH, Whitehead C1. Men's fear of mentoring in the #MeToo era - What's at stake for academic medicine? N Engl J Med. 2018 Oct 3. [Epub ahead of print]
- Wikman A, Jalkesten E, Ajne G, Höglund P, Mörtberg A, Tiblad E. Anti-D quantification in relation to anti-D titre, middle cerebral artery Doppler measurement and clinical outcome in RhD-immunized pregnancies. Vox Sang. 2018 Oct 11. [Epub ahead of print]
- Yang W-H, Doss JF, Walzer KA, McNulty SM, Wu J, Robac JD, Chi J-T. Angiogenin-mediated tRNA cleavage as a novel feature of stored red blood cells. Brit J Haematol. Epub Oct. 18, 2018.