TraQ's newsletter reports monthly website updates and is sent to everyone who registers to receive them.
Diseases in the news
Resource Library / Links
Free full text papers | * 1 or more Canadian authors
- Barro L, Drew VJ, Poda GG, Tagny CT, El-Ekiaby M, Owusu-Ofori S, Burnouf T. Blood transfusion in sub-Saharan Africa: understanding the missing gap and responding to present and future challenges. Vox Sang. 2018 Sep 16. [Epub ahead of print]
- Bastos JMC, Pinheiro PL, Rocha LC, Bicalho EC, Cazeli AB, Marcondes SS, Pinasco GC. Therapeutic challenges in pregnant women with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria: A case report. Medicine (Baltimore). 2018 Sep;97(36):e12155.
- DeMario VM, Sikorski RA, Efron DT, Serbanescu MA, Buchanan RM, Wang EJ, et al. Blood utilization and mortality in victims of gun violence. Transfusion. 2018 Sep 12. [Epub ahead of print]
- Estcourt LJ, Malouf R, Doree C, Trivella M, Hopewell S, Birchall J. Prophylactic platelet transfusions prior to surgery for people with a low platelet count. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2018 Sep 17;9:CD012779. [Epub ahead of print]
- Flatt T, Partridge L. Horizons in the evolution of aging. BMC Biol. 2018 Aug 20;16(1):93.
- Graber ML, Rusz D, Jones ML, Farm-Franks D, Jones B, Cyr Gluck J,et al. The new diagnostic team. Diagnosis (Berl). 2017 Nov 27;4(4):225-38.
- Heyes J, Kelly PA, Monaghan K, Lawn M, Dhesi A, Mijovic A. A single unit transfusion policy reduces red cell transfusions in general medical in-patients. QJM. 2017 Nov 1;110(11):735-9.
- Ifland L, Bloch EM, Pitman JP. Funding blood safety in the 21st century. Transfusion. 2018 Jan;58(1):105-12.Epub 2017 Oct 13.
- Kjeldsen-Kragh J. New elegant methods for maternal and fetal HPA-1a typing (ed.) Transfusion. 2018 Sep 21. [Epub ahead of print]
- Leach Bennett J, Devine DV. Risk-based decision making in transfusion medicine. (Review) Vox Sang. 2018 Sep 19. [Epub ahead of print]
- Said M, Vlachaki E, Abukar J, Tsitsikas DA. A man with fever and haemoglobinuria after blood transfusion. BMJ 2018; 362 (Epub 6 Sept. 2018)
- Zeller MP, et al, Biomedical Excellence for Safer Transfusion (BEST) Collaborative. An international investigation into AB plasma administration in hospitals: how many AB plasma units were infused? The HABSWIN study. Transfusion. 2018 Jan;58(1):151-7. Epub 2017 Oct 14.