TraQ's newsletter reports monthly website updates and is sent to everyone who registers to receive them.
Diseases in the news
Resource Library / Links
Free full text papers | * 1 or more Canadian authors
- Abstracts of International ISBT Congress (Toronto, Canada, June 2-6, 2018)
- Ankcorn M, Moreira F, Ijaz S, Symes A, Buckland MS, Workman S, et al. Absence of persistent Hepatitis E virus infection in antibody-deficient patients is associated with the transfer of antigen neutralising antibodies from immunoglobulin products. J Infect Dis. 2018 Aug 18. [Epub ahead of print]
- Galvez C, Abutaleb A, Iams WT, Lindholm PF, Kwaan HC. Fatal massive hemolysis caused by immunoglobulin M anti-c antibody in a patient with newly diagnosed B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a case report. Case Rep. 2018 Apr 17;6(6):1090-3. eCollection 2018 Jun.
- Goel R, et al. Death from transfusion-transmitted anaplasmosis, New York, USA, 2017. Emerg Infect Dis. 2018 Aug; 24(8):1548-50.
- Lorenzen H, Lone Akhtar N, Nielsen M, Svendsen L, Andersen P. Thirty-three-day storage of dithiothreitol-treated red blood cells used to eliminate daratumumab interference in serological testing. Vox Sang. 2018 Jul 25. [Epub ahead of print]
- Maier CL, Gross PJ, Dean CL, Chonat S, Ip A, McLemore M, et al.Transfusion-transmitted malaria masquerading as sickle cell crisis with multisystem organ failure. Transfusion. 2018 Jun;58(6):1550-4. [Epub 2018 Mar 9.]
- Mazer CD, et al., for the TRICS Investigators and Perioperative Anesthesia Clinical Trials Group. Six-month outcomes after restrictive or liberal transfusion for cardiac surgery. N Engl J Med. Epub 26 Aug. 2018.
- Moore HB, Moore EE, Chapman MP, McVaney K, Bryskiewicz G, Blechar R, et al. Plasma-first resuscitation to treat haemorrhagic shock during emergency ground transportation in an urban area: a randomised trial. Lancet. 2018 Jul 28;392(10144):283-91. [Epub 2018 Jul 20.]
- Petersena J, Jhalaa D. A cold scare: Formation of cold reactive anti-A1 coinciding with gross hemolysis. Pract Lab Med. 2018 May 7;12:e00100.
- Songjaroen T, et al. A simple and low-cost portable paper-based ABO blood typing device for point-of-care testing. J Immunoassay Immunochem. 2018;39(3):292-307. Epub 2018 Jun 28.
- Staibano P, Perelman I, Lombardi J, Davis A, Tinmouth A, Carrier M, Stevenson C, Saidenberg E. Patient-centered outcomes in the management of anemia: a scoping review. Transfus Med Rev. 2018 Jul 12. pii: S0887-7963(18)30051-8. [Epub ahead of print]
- Whitby L, White J, Fletcher M, Whitby A, Milkins C, Barnett D. Paroxysmal nocturnal haemoglobinuria testing in blood transfusion laboratories: do they go with the flow? Transfus Med. 2017 Aug 18. [Epub ahead of print]