TraQ's newsletter reports monthly website updates and is sent to everyone who registers to receive them.
**FEEDBACK NEEDED** Please let us know what you think of TraQ and how it's of value?
- See General (anti-aging trial), Rwanda (Zipline) and UK (Bristol BioDesign Institute) above
Diseases in the news
- HCV: See Ireland above and Journals below (Garvey, et al.)
- St. Louis encephalitis virus (SLEV): See Journals below (Venkat , et al.)
Resource Library / Links
Free full text papers | * 1 or more Canadian authors
- Ayyalil F, Irwin G, Ross B, Manolis M, Enjeti AK. Zeroing in on red blood cell unit expiry. Transfusion. 2017 Dec;57(12):2870-7. Epub 2017 Sep 20.
- Bolton-Maggs PHB. Serious hazards of transfusion - conference report: celebration of 20 years of UK haemovigilance. Transfus Med. 2017 Dec;27(6):393-400.
- Compton ML, Szklarski PC, Booth GS. Duplicate type and screen testing. Waste in the clinical laboratory. Arch Pathol Lab Med 2017 (Early online release)
- Garvey P, Murphy N, Flanagan P, Brennan A, Courtney G, Crosbie O, et al. Disease outcomes in a cohort of women in Ireland infected by hepatitis C-contaminated anti-D immunoglobulin during 1970s. J Hepatol. 2017 Dec; 67(6):1140-7. Epub 2017 Aug 24.
- Gifford SC, Strachan BC, Xia H, Vörös E, Torabian K, Tomasino TA, et al. A portable system for processing donated whole blood into high quality components without centrifugation. PLoS One. 2018 Jan 18;13(1):e0190827.
- Phelan MP, Reineks EZ, Schold JD, Hustey FM, Chamberlin J, Procop GW. Preanalytic factors associated with hemolysis in emergency department blood samples. Arch Pathol Lab Med 2018 Feb;142(2):229-35.
- Seed CR, Hewitt PE, Dodd RY, Houston F, Cervenakova L. Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease and blood transfusion safety. (review) Vox Sang. 2018 Jan 22. [Epub ahead of print]
- Venkat H, Adams L, Sunenshine R, Krow-Lucal E, Levy C, Kafenbaum T, et al.; SLEV Transmission Investigation Team. St. Louis encephalitis virus possibly transmitted through blood transfusion-Arizona, 2015. Transfusion. 2017 Dec;57(12):2987-94. Epub 2017 Sep 14.
- Whitaker K, Webb D, Linou N. Commercial influence in control of non-communicable diseases. (editorial) BMJ 2018; 360:k110 (Pub. 12 Jan. 2018)