TraQ's newsletter reports monthly website updates and is sent to everyone who registers to receive them.
**FEEDBACK NEEDED** Please let us know what you think of TraQ and how it's of value?
- ISBT World Congress (June 2-6, Toronto Canada)
- Canada: Inuk woman recovers from acute liver failure and is released from Ontario hospital (27 Dec. 2017) Background:
- USA: Part 7: The Chop Shop (27 Dec. 2017) | Ongoing Reuters series on The Body Trade
- Canada: BC has a 'Vaccinate or Mask' policy for health professionals during the flu season (Oct. 2017)
- EHR systems continue to cause burnout, physician dissatisfaction, and decreased face-to-face patient care (22 Dec. 2017)
- Jakobsen MA, Dellgren C, Sheppard C, Yazer M, Sprogøe U. The use of next-generation sequencing for the determination of rare blood group genotypes. Transfus Med. 2017 Dec 18. [Epub ahead of print] Background:
- Goldman M,Shih AW-Y, O'Brien SF, Devine D. Donor deferral policies for men who have sex with men: past, present and future. Vox Sang 2017 Dec. 13 [Epub ahead of print]
- ASH recognized Canada's Dr. Yulia Lin of Sunnybrook as one of three clinicians who implemented successful Choosing Wisely projects (15 Dec. 2017)
- USA: MRIs in strip malls and shopping centers to help patients with cost and convenience (Dark Daily, 13 Dec. 2017)
- See Australia above (CSL Behring)
- See USA above (Terumo BCT)
- See General above (Jakobsen et al., Ion TorrentTM )
Diseases in the news
- Chagas disease
- CMV: See Canada above
Resource Library / Links
Free full text papers | * 1 or more Canadian authors
Free sample issues (Jan. 2016 unless indicated otherwise)
Seminars in Hematology (Features Hemophilia) | Transfusion (AABB) | Transfusion Medicine (BBTS, Jan. 2015)
Transfusion Medicine Reviews | Vox sanguinis (ISBT) | J Med Ethics (Jan. 2015)
Asian Journal of Transfusion Science (HTML Free text, Jan-June, 2016) | View as e-book (takes time to load)
- Special Issue (Abstracts): Annual Scientific Meeting of the British Blood Transfusion Society, Glasgow, UK, 13–15 Sept. 2017. Transfusion Med 2017;27(Supplement S2):1-73.
- ISBT Science Series (Special Issue): 27th Regional Congress of the International Society of Blood Transfusion, Copenhagen, Denmark, June 17-21. Congress Reviews:
- Arndt BG, Beasley JW, Watkinson MD, Temte JL, Tuan WJ, Sinsky CA4, Gilchrist VJ. Tethered to the EHR: primary care physician workload assessment using EHR event log data and time-motion observations. Ann Fam Med. 2017 Sep;15(5):419-26.
- Brohi K, Eaglestone S. Traumatic coagulopathy and massive transfusion: improving outcomes and saving blood. Southampton (UK): NIHR Journals Library; 2017 Nov.
- * Champion C, Saidenberg E, Lampron J, Pugh D. Blood transfusion knowledge of surgical residents: is an educational intervention effective? Transfusion. 2017 Apr;57(4):965-970. Epub 2017 Mar 16.
- Chell K, Davison TE, Masser B, Jensen K. A systematic review of incentives in blood donation. Transfusion 2017 Nov 6. [Epub ahead of print]
- * Chin-Yee N,Taylor, JRourke K, Faig D,Davis A, Fergusson D, Saidenberg E. Red blood cell transfusion in adult palliative care: a systematic review. Transfusion 2017. E-Pub Dec 1, 2017.
- * Goldman M,Shih AW-Y, O'Brien SF, Devine D. Donor deferral policies for men who have sex with men: past, present and future. Vox Sang 2017 Dec. 13 [Epub ahead of print]
- Gupta R, Haseeb MA. Path to the future: join hands with your fellow pathologists—make your community stronger (editorial). Arch Pathol Lab Med 2017 Dec, 141(12):1602-3.
- * Jakobsen MA, Dellgren C, Sheppard C, Yazer M, Sprogøe U. The use of next-generation sequencing for the determination of rare blood group genotypes. Transfus Med. 2017 Dec 18. [Epub ahead of print]
- Karafin MS, et al.; National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Recipient Epidemiology and Donor Evaluation Study-III (REDS-III). Demographic and epidemiologic characterization of transfusion recipients from four US regions: evidence from the REDS-III recipient database. Transfusion. 2017 Dec;57(12):2903-13. Epub 2017 Oct 24.
- * Lin Y, Haspel RL. Transfusion medicine education for non-transfusion medicine physicians: a structured review. Vox Sang. 2017 Feb;112(2):97-104. Epub 2017 Feb 7.
- Möller M, Hellberg Å, Olsson ML. Thorough analysis of unorthodox ABO deletions called by the 1000 Genomes project. Vox Sang. 2017 Dec 6. [Epub ahead of print] | 1000 Genomes Project
- Olson NJ, Ornstein DL. Factor V inhibitors: a diagnostic and therapeutic challenge. Arch Pathol Lab Med 2017 Dec, 141(12):1728-31.
- Weisberg SP, Staley EM, Williams LA 3rd, Pham HP, Bachegowda LS, Cheng YH, et al.Survey on transfusion-transmitted cytomegalovirus and cytomegalovirus disease mitigation. Arch Pathol Lab Med 2017 Dec, 141(12): 1705-11.