TraQ's newsletter reports monthly website updates and is sent to everyone who registers to receive them.
**FEEDBACK PLEASE** Can you let us know what you think of TraQ and how it's of value?
Diseases in the news
- HBV, HCV, HIV (See India above)
- HEV: See Tedder, et al. (Journals below)
- HIV: See Malaysia above
Resource Library / Links
Free full text papers | * 1 or more Canadian authors
Free sample issues (Jan. 2016 unless indicated otherwise)
Seminars in Hematology (Features Hemophilia) | Transfusion (AABB) | Transfusion Medicine (BBTS, Jan. 2015)
Transfusion Medicine Reviews | Vox sanguinis (ISBT) | J Med Ethics (Jan. 2015)
Asian Journal of Transfusion Science (HTML Free text, Jan-June, 2016) | View as e-book (takes time to load)
- Abstracts. Regional Congress of the ISBT, Copenhagen, Denmark, June 17–21, 2017. Vox Sang 2017 Jun;112(S1):1-314.
- Aysola A, Wheeler L, Brown R, Denham R, Colavecchia C, Pavenski K, Krok E, Hayes C, Klapper E. Multi-Center Evaluation of the Automated Immunohematology Instrument, the ORTHO VISION Analyzer. Lab Med. 2017 Feb;48(1):29-38.
- Beck TN, Young NG, Erickson ML, Prats I. Rare antibody-associated hemolytic transfusion reaction and transfusion-related acute lung injury: a case report. BMC Surg. 2017 Apr 26;17(1):48.
- Daurat A, Boudet E, Daurat G, Roger C, Gris JC, Tunez V, et al. Evaluation of the non-compliance with grouping guidelines which may lead to "wrong blood in tube", an observational study and risk factor analysis. Transfus Clin Biol. 2017 Jun;24(2):47-51.
- Garraud O, Jean-Daniel Tissot J-D. Transfusion and ecology: sense, nonsense, or missense? Blood Transfus. 2017 May; 15(3): 274-5.
- Hult AK, Dykes JH, Storry JR, Olsson ML. A and B antigen levels acquired by group O donor-derived erythrocytes following ABO-non-identical transfusion or minor ABO-incompatible haematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Transfus Med. 2017 Jun;27(3):181-91.
- Kotris I, Drenjancevic D, Talapko J, Bukovski S. Identification of microorganisms on mobile phones of intensive care unit health care workers and medical students in the tertiary hospital. Med Glas (Zenica). 2017 Feb 1;14(1):85-90.
- Leahy MF, Hofmann A, Towler S, Trentino KM, Burrows SA, Swain SG, et al. Improved outcomes and reduced costs associated with a health-system-wide patient blood management program: a retrospective observational study in four major adult tertiary-care hospitals. Transfusion. 2017 Jun;57(6):1347-58.
- Norgaard A, et al. Three-year follow-up of implementation of evidence-based transfusion practice in a tertiary hospital. Vox Sang. 2017 Apr;112(3):229-39.
- Peters J, Pendry K. Patient blood management: an update of current guidance in clinical practice. (review) Br J Hosp Med (Lond). 2017 Feb 2;78(2):88-95.
- Tan AJQ, Lee CCS, Lin PY, Cooper S, Lau LST, Chua WL, Liaw SY. Designing and evaluating the effectiveness of a serious game for safe administration of blood transfusion: a randomized controlled trial. Nurse Educ Today. 2017 Aug;55:38-44. Epub 2017 May 6.
- Sackett K, Kjell A, Schneider AM, Cohn CS. A field analysis trial comparing the turnaround times of routine and STAT red blood cell immunohematology testing. Immunohematology. 2017 Jan;33(1):1-5.
- Tedder RS, Ijaz S, Kitchen A, Ushiro-Lumb I, Tettmar KI, Hewitt P, Andrews N. Hepatitis E risks: pigs or blood - that is the question. Transfusion. 2017 Feb;57(2):267-72.
- * Yazer MH, Lozano M, Fung M, Kutner J, Murphy MF, Oveland Apelseth T, Poglód R, Selleng K, Tinmouth A, Wendel S, Yahalom V; Biomedical Excellence for Safer Transfusion (BEST) Collaborative. An international survey on the role of the hospital transfusion committee. Transfusion. 2017 May;57(5):1280-7.