TraQ's newsletter reports monthly website updates and is sent to everyone who registers to receive them.
NOTE: TraQ has a streamlined Top Menu. Items that are no longer there will still be included in
What's New (by topic) and monthly newsletters
Diseases in the news
Resource Library / Links
- Australia (NBA): Guidelines and Governance released in 2016 (TraQ missed them earlier. Thanks, MW.)
NEW TM blog: The Boxer (Musings on lies & jests in the blood industry)
Sept. blog: The Sound of silence (Musings on transfusion professionals use of Twitter)
@transfusionnews (TraQ webmaster's personal Twitter account)
Free full text papers | * 1 or more Canadian authors
Free sample issues (Jan. 2016 unless indicated otherwise)
Seminars in Hematology (Features Hemophilia) | Transfusion (AABB) | Transfusion Medicine (BBTS, Jan. 2015)
Transfusion Medicine Reviews | Vox sanguinis (ISBT) | J Med Ethics (Jan. 2015)
Asian Journal of Transfusion Science (HTML Free text, Jan-June, 2016) | View as e-book (takes time to load)
- * Carson JL, Guyatt G, Heddle NM, et al. Clinical Practice Guidelines from the AABB. Red Blood Cell Transfusion Thresholds and Storage. JAMA 2016 (EPub 12 Oct. 2016) | Full text article
- * Corral M, Ferko N, Hogan A, Hollmann SS, Gangoli G, Jamous N, et al. A hospital cost analysis of a fibrin sealant patch in soft tissue and hepatic surgical bleeding. Clinicoecon Outcomes Res. 2016 Sep 21;8:507-19.
- * Morris S, Yudin MH, Callum J, Alam A,Herold J, Lin Y. Obstetrical transfusion medicine knowledge among faculty and trainee obstetricians: a prospective knowledge assessment study. Transfus Med. (E-pub 26 Sept. 2016)
- Murphy MF, Dumont LJ, Greinacher A; BEST Collaborative. Interference of new drugs with compatibility testing for blood transfusion. N Engl J Med 2016 Jul; 375:295-6.
- Politis C, Wiersum JC, Richardson C, Robillard P,Jorgensen J, Renaudie P, et al. International Haemovigilance Network Database for Surveillance of Adverse Reactions and Events in Donors & Recipients of Blood: technical issues & results. Vox Sang 2016. (E-pub 22 Sept. 2016)
- Poole D, Cortegiani A, Chieregato A, Russo E, Pellegrini C, De Blasio E, et al. Blood component therapy and coagulopathy in trauma: a systematic review of the literature from the Trauma Update Group. PLoS One. 2016 Oct 3;11(10):e0164090. | Tables and graphics downloadable as PPT slide or images (PNG or high quality TIFF)
- Rummler S, Bauschke A, Bärthel E, Jütte H, Maier K, Ziehm P, et al. Current techniques for AB0-incompatible living donor liver transplantation. World J Transplant. 2016 Sep 24;6(3):548-55.
- Smith SM, Yearsley M. Constructing comments in a pathology report: advice for the pathology resident. (Editorial) Arch Path Lab Med 2016 Oct; 140(10): 1023-24.
- Trentino K, Farmer S, Gross I, Shander A, Isbister J. Observational studies - should we simply ignore them in assessing transfusion outcomes? BMC Anesthesiology 2016 (Epub Oct. 14, 2016)
- Wallace AH, Dalziel SR, Cowan BR, Young AA, Thornburg KL, Harding JE. Long-term cardiovascular outcome following fetal anaemia and intrauterine transfusion: a cohort study. Arch Dis Child. 2016 Sep 23. pii: archdischild-2016-310984.