TraQ's newsletter reports monthly website updates and is sent to everyone who registers to receive them.
* FEEDBACK PLEASE: Let us know what you think of TraQ and how you use it.
Diseases in the news
- Latest Zika Virus news | Also see Canada and USA above
- HEV: See Kurihara, et al. under Journals below
Resource Library / Links
British Committee for Standards in Haematology. Guideline for blood grouping and red cell antibody testing in pregnancy. (23 Feb. 2016)
UK: National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) Transfusion Pathway and Guidelines (Nov. 2015)
NEW TM blog: Heart of gold (Musings on donating the gift of life)
March blog: We can work it out (Musings on transfusion medicine succession planning)
@transfusionnews (TraQ webmaster's personal Twitter account)
Free full text papers | * 1 or more Canadian authors
Free sample issues (Jan. 2016 unless indicated otherwise)
Seminars in Hematology (Features Hemophilia) | Transfusion (AABB) | Transfusion Medicine (BBTS, Jan. 2015)
Transfusion Medicine Reviews | Vox sanguinis (ISBT) | J Med Ethics (Jan. 2015)
Asian Journal of Transfusion Science (HTML Free text, Jan-June, 2016) | View as e-book (takes time to load)
- Armstrong P, Hennessey M, Adams M, et al. Travel-Associated Zika Virus Disease Cases Among U.S. Residents United States, January 2015–February 2016. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. ePub: 18 March 2016.
- Bakkour S, Acker JP, Chafets DM, Inglis HC, Norris PJ, Lee TH, Busch MP. Manufacturing method affects mitochondrial DNA release and extracellular vesicle composition in stored red blood cells. Vox Sang. 2016 Feb 25. [Epub ahead of print]
- Dal MS, Karaku A, Ekmen MÖ, Ayyildiz O. Presentation and management of paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria: a single-center experience. Hematol Rep. 2016 Mar 25;8(1):6409.
- * Delaney M, et al; Biomedical Excellence for Safer Transfusion (BEST) Collaborative. Transfusion reactions: prevention, diagnosis, and treatment. Lancet. 2016 Apr 12. pii: S0140-6736(15)01313-6. [Epub ahead of print]
- Geller SA. Pathology residents are not “trainees”. (letter to editor) Arch Pathol Lab Med 2016 Apr;140(4):301.
- Gorakshakar AC, Ghosh K. Use of lectins in immunohematology. Asian J Transfus Sci. 2016 Jan-Jun; 10(1): 12–21.
- Guinn NR, Waldron NH, Cooter ML, Goldberg CL, Kertai MD, Raghunathan K, et al. No association between donor age and recipient outcomes: transfusion of plasma in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting surgery. Transfusion. 2016 Apr 22. [Epub ahead of print]
- Kurihara T, et al. Chronic hepatitis E virus infection after living donor liver transplantation via blood transfusion: a case report. Surg Case Rep 2016;2:32. EPub 2016. Apr 8.
- Moreau T, et al. Large-scale production of megakaryocytes from human pluripotent stem cells by chemically defined forward programming. Nat Commun. 2016 Apr 7;7:11208.
- Morley SL, Hudson CL, Llewelyn CA, Wells AW, Johnson AL, Williamson LM; EASTR study group. Transfusion in adults: 10-year survival of red cell, plasma and platelet recipients following transfusion. Transfus Med. 2016 Apr 22. [Epub ahead of print]
- Naidu N K, Bharucha Z S, Sonawane V, Ahmed I. Nucleic acid testing: Is it the only answer for safe blood in India? Asian J Transfus Sci 2016;10:79-83. | Reveals realities in India
- Shastry S, Das S. Root-cause analysis for clot in blood bag. Asian J Transfus Sci 2016;10:3-4. | Nice photo of blood clot
- Sins JW, Biemond BJ, van den Bersselaar SM, Heijboer H, Rijneveld AW, Cnossen MH, et al. Early occurrence of red blood cell alloimmunization in patients with sickle cell disease. Am J Hematol. 2016 Apr 22. [Epub ahead of print]