Debra Lane, MD FRCPC
Dr. Debra Lane is the Medical Director at CBS Winnipeg, a position she has held for the past seven and a half years. She is also the Director of Transfusion Medicine for the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority. Debra is an Associate Professor in the Department of Pathology at the University of Manitoba, specializing in training post-graduates in Hematology, Pathology and Anesthesia and Community Medicine.
This past year Debra has collaborated with Manitoba Health on the development of the Manitoba Transfusion Manual and has served as the Medical Consultant. This past year she was also involved in the implementation of the Health Canada AERS form in Manitoba.
- Western Director, CSTM Board of Directors (2007 - 2008)
- Royal college of Physicians and Surgeons specialty committee for Transfusion Medicine
- National Technical Working Group for Blood and Blood Product Utilization
- Accredited AABB and CAP inspector
- Chair, steering group for the CBS Consensus Conference on "Optimizing the Use of IVIG" in 2000