Patient name: AL
Only patient results shown. Positive/negative controls worked.
|ANTIGEN TYPING WORKSHEET|
|Name: Patient AL||Date tested:|
|Patient ID #:||Specimen Type: EDTA__X___
Eluted cells:_____ Method:______
|Patient Birth Date:||Transfused or pregnant in past 3 months? yes|
|DAT: ___ Anti-IgG ___ Anti-C3 ___ Cont ___ Or Auto IAT ___|
- K typing done with monoclonal IgM anti-K.
- Jka typing done with CDP-treated red cells, which were DAT-negative with anti-IgG. Positive/negative antisera controls were set up with CDP-treated panel cells.
- IgG sensitized cells on negative IAT results worked.
- Why were K and Jka phenotyping done using monoclonal anti-K and CDP-treated red cells, respectively?
- Antigen phenotyping cannot normally be done on a patient who has been recently transfused. What is the usual time limit?