TraQ's newsletter reports monthly website updates and is sent to everyone who registers to receive them.
* Feedback appreciated: Please let us know what you think of TraQ and how you use it.
- See new CSTM blog series under General above
- Paid plasma
Diseases in the news
- Zika Virus
- HCV / HIV: See UK above
Resource Library / Links
BC PBCO: Transfusion Medicine for Physicians (Free one hr. online course with six 10-min. modules)
NEW TM blog: Sweet dreams(Musings on a recent transfusion-related nightmare)
Jan. blog:Simply the best (Musings on paid plasma and TM colleagues I've known)
@transfusionnews (TraQ webmaster's personal Twitter account)
* See TraQ's Resource Library | Nursing resources | Literature clearinghouses | Links | Continuing education | Jobs | Video library
Free full text papers | * 1 or more Canadian authors
Free sample journal issues (Jan. 2015 unless indicated otherwise)
Transfusion (AABB) | Transfusion Medicine (BBTS): Sample copy (Feb. 2014) | 2014 BBTS meeting abstracts
Transfusion Medicine Reviews | Vox sanguinis (ISBT) | J Med Ethics
For fun - historical papers
Blundell J. Experiments on the transfusion of blood by the syringe. Med Chir Trans. 1818;9(Pt 1):56-92.
Prichard JC. Successful case of transfusion of blood. Prov Med J Retrosp Med Sci. 1843 Jul 29;6(148):345.
- * Buckley K, Atkins CG, Chen D, Schulze HG, Devine DV, Blades MW, Turner RF. Non-invasive spectroscopy of transfusable red blood cells stored inside sealed plastic blood-bags. Analyst. 2016 Feb 4. [Epub ahead of print]
- Carr R, Kelly AM, Williamson LM. Neonatal thrombocytopenia and platelet transfusion - a UK perspective. Neonatology. 2015;107(1):1-7.
- Chevalier MS, Kuehnert M, Basavaraju SV, Bjork A, Pitman JP. Progress toward strengthening national blood transfusion services - 14 Countries, 2011-2014. WR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2016 Feb 12;65(5):115-9. (Full free text)
- Dunn M. Contextualising consent. J Med Ethics 2016;42:67-8.
- Hillis CM, Shih AW, Heddle NM. Best practices in the differential diagnosis and reporting of acute transfusion reactions. Int J Clin Transfus Med 2016 Jan 21; Vol. 2016:4:1-14.
- McBain RD, Crowther CA, Middleton P. Anti-D administration in pregnancy for preventing Rhesus alloimmunisation Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015 Sep 3;9
- Stanworth SJ, Davenport R, Curry N, Seeney F, Eaglestone S, Edwards A, et al. Mortality from trauma haemorrhage and opportunities for improvement in transfusion practice. Brit J Surg 2016 (Pub online Feb. 3, 2016)
- Verweij M, Kramer K. Donor blood screening and moral responsibility: how safe should blood be? J Med Ethics. 2016 Feb 11. pii: medethics-2015-103338.[Epub ahead of print]
- Youngs J, Simmonds J. HIV and the right not to know. J Med Ethics 2016;42:95-9.