What are some of the limitations of technological mistake-proofing devices?
Limitations of the newer technological devices include:
- Expensive to implement
- Technical limitations (new devices always improve over time)
- Require many users to identify all of the problems
- Lots of practice is needed for staff to maintain proficiency and confidence
- Scanning bar coded wristbands may fail (food stains, crinkles, etc.)
- Technology cannot totally replace effective interaction between healthcare workers